The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Pharmacist - Hanover Health Services
Job SummaryApplications are invited from suitably qualified persons for the position of Pharmacist for the Hanover Health Services.
The Western Regional Health Authority (a Statutory Body under the Ministry of Health) is currently seeking to employ a Pharmacist for the Hanover Health Services. Reporting to the Medical Officer of Health the incumbent’s core responsibility will be to:
- Reviewing prescription orders on a daily basis
- Ensuring that weighing devices are calibrated weekly according to standard and request repairs as required.
- Ensuring that weighing, measuring and compounding are done in accordance with good manufacturing practices (sterility, attire, and environment).
- Ensuring that items dispensed are suitably packaged and appropriately labeled.
- Ensuring that adequate supplies are available to satisfy prescription requests and advises supervisor of needs as they arise.
- Conducting weekly checks of emergency cupboards to ensure that adequate levels of supplies are available to satisfy demand
- Providing drug information daily for prescribers and other members of staff on areas which include availability of supplies, incompatibility and contra-indications.
- Ensuring that inventory is properly stored by considering temperature, humidity and security, reporting any undesirable conditions.
- Monitoring expiry dates of pharmaceuticals
- Conducting quarterly performance evaluation of supervised staff.
- Providing on call services as required
SKILLS AND QUALITIES:
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of regulatory framework related to the practice of Pharmacy.
- Knowledge of norms and standards related to Ministry of Health Drug Policy eg: V.E.N. List, inventory management policy, quality assurance.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft suite
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors Degree in Pharmacy from an accredited institution.
- Registration with the Pharmacy Council of Jamaica.
- A minimum of one (1) years working experience.
NB: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted