The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Pharmacist (PH1) - Trelawny Health Department
Job SummaryApplications are invited from qualified persons for the position of Pharmacist (PH1) - Trelawny Health Department.
The Western Regional Health Authority (a Statutory Body under the Ministry of Health) is currently seeking to employ a Pharmacist for the Trelawny Health Department. Reporting to the Medical Officer of Health, the incumbent’s core responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing prescription orders on a daily basis.
- Ensuring that the weighing devices are calibrated weekly according to standard and request repairs as required.
- Ensuring that weighing, measuring and compounding are done in accordance with good manufacturing practices (sterility, attire, and environment).
- Ensuring that the items dispensed are suitably packaged and appropriately labeled.
- Ensuring that adequate supplies are available to satisfy prescription requests, advising the supervisor of needs as they arise.
- Conducting weekly checks of emergency cupboards to ensure that adequate levels of supplies are available to satisfy demand.
- Providing drug information daily for prescribers and other members of staff on areas which include availability of supplies, incompatibility and contraindications.
- Ensuring that inventory is securely stored at the required temperature and humidity, reporting any undesirable conditions.
- Monitoring expiry dates of pharmaceuticals.
- Conducting quarterly performance evaluation of supervised staff.
- Providing on call services as required.
Skills and Qualities:
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of regulatory framework related to the practice of Pharmacy.
- Knowledge of norms and standards related to Ministry of Health Drug Policy e.g: V.E.N. List, inventory management and quality assurance.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft suite
Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Pharmacy from an accredited institution.
- Registration with the Pharmacy Council of Jamaica.
- A minimum of one (1) years working experience.
NB: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted