The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Planning & Research Officer (SOG/ST 6)
Job SummaryThe Jamaica Library Service invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the vacancy of Planning & Research Officer (SOG/ST 6).
The Planning & Research Officer is responsible to apply a variety of research techniques to uncover trends and make forecasts; also to coordinate the preparation of the strategic and operational plans to support the achievement of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Development Studies, Economics, Statistics or related Subject
- Minimum of three (3) years experience as a Research Officer at a supervisory level
- Training in strategic planning and research methods
Specific Knowledge and Skills
- Strong knowledge of research tools and methods
- Excellent analytical and interpretive skills
- Knowledge of strategic and development planning
- Very good time management skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- A high level of proficiency in the use of relevant computer applications
- Excellent written and verbal skills
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.