The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Practicum Supervisors: Early Childhood Development & Family Studies
Job SummaryThe UWIOC Programme Delivery Department of the APAD Division, is currently inviting applications for Practicum Supervisors in the discipline of Early Childhood Development & Family Studies, to assess student teachers.
Preferably a PhD in Education - with a specialisation in Early Childhood Development, or Primary Education, Curriculum Development or Educational Leadership/ Administration/Supervision.
Consideration will also be given to persons with:
Masters Degree in Education- with a specialisation in Early Childhood Development, Primary Education, Curriculum Development or Educational Leadership/ Administration/Supervision.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Observe the trainee student’s interaction with children and staff at the practicum site (ECCE Centre or the first class of a primary school) for the stated period of the required practicum.
- Assess/grade the student’s activity plan
- Assess the student’s teaching skills
- Assist the student in critiquing and reflecting on their teaching skills
- Provide the student with suggestions/recommendations for general improvement
The Practicum Supervisors are required only for the country listed below:
Supervisors will be paid a fixed fee on satisfactory completion of all assigned tasks. All fees will be subject to tax depending on your country of residence.
Interested applicants must complete the UWI Open Campus application form along with a cover letter, a curriculum vitae, and scanned copies of degrees.