The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryThe University of Technology, Jamaica invites applicants for the post of Procurement Officer, Projects in the execution of procurement activities for the “Fi Wi Jamaica” project.
The overarching goal of the “Fi Wi Jamaica” project is to empower members of socially excluded and vulnerable groups through social, cultural and economic interventions that strengthen public demand and advocacy for their respect, dignity, and freedom from discrimination and violence.
The successful candidate should possess:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Political Science, International Relations, International Procurement, Supply Chain Management, Social Science or related field; and
- Five (5) to seven (7) years, or more, in a progressively responsible work environment in Procurement or Supply Chain Management.
- Thorough; knowledge of Government of Jamaica/local entity’s procurement regulations and procedures;
- Specialized knowledge in all phases of procurement process leading to award (particularly soliciting, reviewing of applications or proposals;
- Excellent negotiation skills;
- Excellent analytical skills and sound judgment to select procurement types;
- Ability to evaluate bids or offers and determine the responsibility of contractors; and
- Excellent written skills to draft various procurement related documents and to develop sound solicitation documents.
The position reports to the Director of Procurement. Please note that the duration of this assignment is for fifteen (15) months.