The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Procurement Planning Assistant
Job SummaryProvide support to the Project Executing Unit (PEU) and the Procurement Specialist in the consultations with implementing partners and the preparation of procurement documents to contribute to the expeditious implementation of the Procurement Plan.
- Conduct procurement and logistical arrangements and support the daily procurement actions for the implementation of the Project activities such as procurement of goods and services, preparing all documents in time and in compliance with IDB’s policies and guidelines.
- Prepare all necessary documentation for tenders, communicate and coordinate with Evaluation Panel members and support the development of evaluation reports in accordance to IDB policies and procedures.
- Consult with implementing partners of the Project by conducting meetings/workshops to discuss and reach consensus on relevant procurement documents
- Ensure timely preparation of documentation for reporting procurement activities.
- Have at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Project Management, Economics, Finance/Accounting, Business Administration and/or other relevant disciplines.
- At least 3 years of work experience in the field of project administration with emphasis in procurement and contracting management. Relevant work experience with IDB procurement procedures and/or other international development organizations is an advantage.
- Have some experience with participatory methodologies.
This is a short-term consultancy with duration of three (3) months and with a level of effort of 50 person days, starting October 2016.