The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Programme Director, HIV/AIDS Co-ordinating Unit
Job SummaryApplications are invited from suitably qualified nationals of Trinidad and Tobago for employment, on contract, for the position of Programme Director, HIV/AIDS Co-ordinating Unit for a period of three (3) years, in the Ministry of Health.
To manage the HIV/AIDS Co-ordinating Unit within the Ministry of Health to support the implementation of the Trinidad and Tobago HIV/AIDS Comprehensive Prevention Treatment and Care Health Sector Plan.
To spearhead activities on HIV/AIDS in the following priority areas:
- Prevention of the spreads of HIV/AIDS transmission
- Treatment, care and support
- Advocacy and human rights
- Surveillance and research
Length of Contract
Three (3) years
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Provides leadership toward the formation of national treatment and care guidelines using sub committees in collaboration with the Assistant Programme Director HIV/AIDS (Treatment and Care).
Collaborates with the Director Health Policy, Research and Planning, to develop national policies relevant to the HIV/AIDS prevention, treatment and care.
Responsible for the identification of HIV/AIDS indicators and ensuring that systems are functioning efficiently for the monitoring and evaluation of the national programs.
Collaborates with the RHAs to identify training needs and assists with the development of training programs for multidisciplinary teams at regional level.
Convenes quarterly MOH Stakeholder meetings and annual presentations to the wider HIV/AIDS community on updates of the MOH Health Sector Plan.
Collaborates with Assistant Programme Director, HIV/AIDS Co-ordinating Unit, develop annual work plans using the resources of the MOH Health Sector Work Plan and National HIV/AIDS Strategic Plan.
Prepares the annual budget for HIV/AIDS for input in the MOH budget.
Develops proposals for HIV/AIDS programs on behalf of the Ministry of Health.
Attends the MOH Technical Directors’ Meeting and the MOH Management Executive Meeting as representative of the HIV/AIDS Co-ordinating Unit.
Sits on the NACC Care Treatment Sub-Committee.
Provides the Minister of Health and the Chief Medical Officer with direction and continuous advice on issues related to HIV/AIDS.
Serves as a liaison between the Ministry of Health, the National AIDS Coordinating Committee and national, regional and international stakeholders.
Represents the Ministry of Health at national, regional and international conferences and seminars on HIV/AIDS.
Liaises with other Technical Areas within the Ministry of Health and provides support to other Ministries on HIV/AIDS issues.
Prepares annual financial reports accounting for the use of MOH HIV/AIDS resources.
Requirements, Knowledge and Skills
- At least five (5) years of experience working on HIV/AIDS issues with sufficient knowledge of HIV/AIDS Prevention, Treatment and Care and Support and Surveillance.
- Experience in mobilizing and coordinating various agencies working on HIV/AIDS issues.
- Working knowledge of HIV/AIDS issues and organizations in Trinidad and Tobago and within the Caribbean Region.
- The ability to function effectively at the decision-making level making level with the Ministry of Health.
Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience
- A Medical Degree from a recognized University. A postgraduate degree in Public Health and/or experience would be an asset.
- Any equivalent combination of training and experience.
Terms and Conditions of Employment
Terms and conditions of employment for the positions are to be negotiated with/determined by the Chief Personnel Officer, Personnel Department.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however unsuitable/late applications will not be acknowledged.