The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Programme Officer - Regional Integration
Job SummaryThe Organisation of Eastern Caribbean States is inviting applications from suitably qualified nationals from its Member States and CARICOM nationals to fill the position of Programme Officer within the Economic Affairs & Regional Integration Division
The Programme Officer III will work under the direction and supervision of the Coordinator, Regional Integration Unit and will be required to assist the Coordinator in the development and execution of the work programme relating to the establishment of the OECS Economic Union and other regional integration initiatives proposed or undertaken by the OECS.
More specifically, the Programme Officer III will be required to:
- Undertake research and produce studies and papers on issues relating to the integration processes in which the OECS is engaged;
- Assist in the development of proposals for studies to be conducted in pursuance of the Economic Union, as well as the identification, monitoring and evaluation of consultants undertaking studies;
- Carry out assigned tasks related to the 10th EDF Programme on OECS Regional Integration and Trade and various projects which the Unit may be implementing;
- Provide technical support for establishment of the Eastern Caribbean Competition Commission;
- Prepare progress, financial and other reports required for projects undertaken under the Economic Union/Regional Integration work programme;
- Provide technical support to the Working Groups on Economic Union and assist in achievement of their mandates by preparing background documentation and providing technical inputs to meetings of the Groups;
- Monitor and support the implementation of decisions and recommendations of OECS Organs;
- Participate in public education initiatives on the Economic Union with a view to providing technical inputs, as well as identifying key issues which have implications for policy and further action and ensuring their consideration at the appropriate level;
- Assist the Coordinator in the strategic design of annual work plans for the Regional Integration Unit;
- Work closely with:
- Member States’ ministries and national entities responsible for regional integration and economic union matters;
- CARICOM Secretariat Units and Directorates responsible for the establishment of the CARICOM Single Market and Economy (CSME).
Required Competences, Skills and Experience:
- Analysis & Reporting
- Consultation & Facilitation
- Strategic Intelligence
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate should have:
- A Master’s degree in Economics, Development Studies, Integration Studies, Political Science, International Economic Law or other relevant field;
- A minimum of three years’ experience in integration or related areas;
- Direct working experience with government or international organizations;
- Extensive knowledge of the OECS region and of the integration processes underway in the OECS and CARICOM;
- Experience in Project Management and working with donor-financed projects.
Only applications under consideration will be acknowledged.