The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Programmer Database Analyst
Job SummaryThe Registrar General’s Department, an Executive Agency, the sole repository of records in Jamaica, invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the position of Programmer Database Analyst.
Reporting to the Senior Systems Analyst/Programmer, the incumbent has the responsibility to co-ordinate, monitor and undertake computer programming and operating activities to meet user needs.
- Write specifications of methods and procedures used.
- Examine existing data processing methods and related procedures and undertake modifications as necessary to conform to the automatic data processing methods
- Convert flowcharts and diagrams into programs and key programming instructions into the computer
- Modify and maintain new and existing computer systems.
- Keep abreast of technological developments and assess the Agency’s hardware/software facilities, making recommendations for improvement.
- Perform debugging and testing procedures on programs
- Implement and monitor new systems in order to ensure that user’s requirements are met.
Qualification & Experience
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent qualifications/training
- Three (3) years related working experience
- Excellent computer programming skills
- Excellent knowledge of different programming languages
- Excellent knowledge of computer design and systems analysis
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Must possess a high level of integrity
- Strong attention to details
We thank all applicants for their expressions of interest. However, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.