The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Project Manager Shelter
Job SummaryFacilitate the development of the program through the conceptualization, design, proposal and implementation of the program with a special focus on shelter, sanitation and Other infrastructure, such as warehouses, offices and / or community centers.
The role of the Shelter Project Manager is to:
- Develop strategies and initiatives that strengthen and improve the selection of beneficiaries.
- Develop technical manuals on approved and appropriate construction practices.
- Direct management of all personnel working on the shelters, including the foreman (s), instructors, mobilizers. Support program teams in the transition from emergency to community development and partnership.
- Ensure gender balance and ensure effective integration of all.
- Liaise with local and regional representatives, UN and non-governmental organizations in planning, coordination and support for existing programs and new programs under development.
- Ensure internal reporting and donor reporting in compliance with deadlines
- Prepare and administer the budget of the program and evaluate the financial efficiency of the program.
- Directly manage specialists and provide adequate and fair technical input to the conceptualization and implementation of the program.
- Ensure inter-program integration: learning, sharing and adopting good practices within the various programs.
- Facilitate the development of program monitoring and evaluation tools.
- At least two years experience in program management and field coordination
- Knowledge of the aid system and empowered to understand the donor system and governments
- Excellent oral and written expression
- Ability to coordinate and manage a team and projects
- ability to work independently and creatively in the field and in capital
- teamwork and ability to create a team spirit
- organizational capacity
- High flexibility, interpersonal skills and negotiation skills. Strong ability to work in an intercultural context
- Ability to work under pressure
Terms & Conditions
- Salary defined in terms of the salary ACTED
- Living allowance monthly
- and lodging supported by ACTED: guesthouse or housing allowance (depending on contract length and country)
- Flights supported by ACTED
- Security Social, Mutual and repatriation supported by ACTED