The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Property & Maintenance Officer
Job SummaryThe Property & Maintenance Officer is responsible for the maintenance of property, equipment and the physical state of the buildings and grounds to ensure the provision of a safe and aesthetically pleasant environment.
Under the general direction of the Supervisor, Facilities & Property, the Property & Maintenance Officer is responsible for the maintenance of property, equipment and the physical state of the buildings and grounds to ensure the provision of a safe and aesthetically pleasant environment.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
- Completes all documentation associated with managing properties including inspection reports and maintenance of the key register for properties
- Visits all properties on a regular basis to ensure proper maintenance.
- Participates in key result area and key performance indicator review processes to establish areas for improvement
- Prepares bills of quantities; requests for quotations and attendant documentations to facilitate the procurement of maintenance services
- Contributes to the maintenance of buildings and property to an agreed standard by:
- Maintaining equipment and performing or arranging relevant repairs and maintenance as required
- Performing building maintenance programmes including but not limited to:
- Repairing or replacing locks, doors, light fittings, broken windows, leaking taps, pumps and plumbing, touching up painting etc.
- gutters and down-pipes cleared and working effectively
- Day-to-day liaison with grounds and property sub-contractors regarding the execution of programmes;
- Reporting non-programmed maintenance requests to the Supervisor, Facilities & Property.
- Participates in the preparation and review of weekly and annual building and equipment maintenance programmes
- Assists with the preparation and monitoring of the annual maintenance budget and projects plan
- Conducts site visits and provides general supervision and monitoring of property related works and projects
- Provides support and advice to Supervisor, Facilities & Property and/or Manager, Administration when required
- Promotes a team culture amongst the property team by assisting and being willing to be assisted by other workers in the property team during periods of leave, absence or high workload so that overall objectives across the team can be met
- Provides a secure and safe environment for the Agency by:
- Managing own work environment and work practices
- Being aware of and complying with Occupational Health and Safety policies, and to contribute to the ongoing awareness process
- Assists with the development and maintenance of safe operating procedures for equipment,
- Tagging and testing electrical items
- Reporting accidents and hazards, and addressing
- Maintains proper records on all matters pertaining to regular maintenance procedures
- Participates in the Agency’s energy and cost savings process by incorporating energy saving devices and equipment in acquisition and maintenance decisions.
- Attends meetings as directed
- Performs any other related duties that may be assigned
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Assoc. Degree in Business Administration or equivalent
- City & Guilds certification or equivalent
- Two (2) years’ experience
- Diploma in Engineering or equivalent
- Supervisory training
- Training in Supplies Management
- Three (3) years’ experience
- Good human relations and analytical skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good computer skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety requirements
- Good knowledge of general building maintenance requirements
- Good knowledge of Government procurement procedures