The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Receptionist (PIDG/RIM 2)
Job SummaryUnder the general direction of the Office Manager, the incumbent is responsible for attending to visitors and dealing with inquiries on the phone and face to face and for supplying information to consumers.
- Answers, places, screens and routes calls to appropriate officers/Office;
- Greets and screens persons visiting the organization;
- Records and relays messages to officers;
- Provides visitors with routine information about the Commission and directs them to the relevant officers or office as is necessary;
- Keeps a log of personal long distance calls made by staff and reconciles with telephone bills to ensure payment by relevant officers;
- Ensures knowledge of staff movements in and out of organization;
- Receives, sorts and dispatches mail;
- Assists with the preparation of reports and documents for the Commission;
- Maintains filling system for resolved complaints;
- Monitors and maintains the stock level of postal stamps;
- Performs any other related duties from time to time.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Displays high level of integrity
- Stress Tolerant
- Ability to work in a team
- Familiar with switchboard telephone systems
- Computer literate
- Good command of the English Language
- Ability to use initiative
- Customer Service oriented
- Good oral and written communication skills
Minimum Required Qualification and Experience
- Five (5) CSEC Subjects including English and Mathematics at Grades I or II;
- Certificate in Telephone Operating from a recognized institution;
- Two (2) years’ experience in a similar position.
Salary range $640,392 – $761,225 per annum and any allowance(s) attached to the post.
Please note that only short listed applicants will be contacted.