The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Registered Nurse - Emergency Department
Job SummaryApplications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the post of Registered Nurse - Emergency Department at the King Edward Memorial Hospital (Acute Care Facility).
BHB ensures the highest in quality health care through service excellence, education and leadership. We seek qualified, highly motivated, and experienced professionals to work in a supportive but demanding environment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Gives direct patient care (simple to complex and trauma care to those ranging from birth to seniors.
- Utilizes the nursing process and develops a nursing care plan for each assigned patient.
- Initiates and participates in patient care conferences.
- Assumes in-charge duties as required
- Assigns teaches and directs other nursing personnel as required.
- Assumes responsibility for professional development by participating in continuing education programmes, keeping current with professional literature and participating in professional organizations
Qualifications &/ Registration required:
- Graduate of a Registered Nurse Education Programme recognized by the Bermuda Nursing Council.
- Current registration with the Bermuda Nursing Council is required.
- Minimum of two years post graduate nursing experience as an Emergency Room nurse in a Level II facility.
- Current certifications BLS, ACLS, PALS, and IV required. TNCC and PNCC are assets and recommended.
- Experience in Physical assessment and POP applications.
- Demonstrated knowledge and clinical competencies