The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Registered Nurse, Intensive Care Unit
Job SummaryApplications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the post of Registered Nurse at the King Edward Memorial Hospital (Intensive Care Unit).
BHB ensures the highest in quality health care through service excellence, education and leadership. We seek qualified, highly motivated, and experienced professionals to work in a supportive but demanding environment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provides direct patient care (simple to complex and trauma care to those ranging from birth to seniors
- Utilizes the nursing process and develops a nursing care plan for each assigned patient
- Initiates and participates in patient care conferences
- Assigns teaches and directs other nursing personnel as required
- Assumes in-charge duties as required
- Assumes responsibility for professional development by participating in continuing education programmes, keeping current with professional literature and participating in professional organizations
Qualifications &/ Registration required:
- Registered Nurse with Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution
- Current registration with the Bermuda Nursing Council
- Successfully completed an ICU course
- Minimum of two years post graduate nursing experience in a General ICU
- Current certifications: CPR, ACLS, PALS, Trauma and I.V.
- Experience in Physical assessment
- Demonstrated knowledge and clinical competencies