The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Registered Nurse - Maternal & Child Department
Job SummaryApplications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the post of Registered Nurse - Maternal & Child Department at the King Edward Memorial Hospital (Acute Care Facility).
BHB ensures the highest quality health care through service excellence, education and leadership. We seek qualified, highly motivated and experienced professionals to work in a supportive but demanding environment
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide nursing care and prescribed treatments during prenatal, natal and post-natal periods
- Utilizes the nursing process and develops a nursing care plan for each assigned patient
- Assesses client/patient and family needs, formulates care plan in accordance with established nursing diagnoses, executes interventions and evaluates outcomes
- Initiates and participates in patient care conferences
- Assigns, teaches and directs other nursing personnel as required.
- Assumes in-charge duties as required
- Assumes responsibility for professional development by participating in continuing education programmes, keeping current with professional literature and participating in professional organizations.
Qualifications &/ Registration required:
- Registered Nurse with Bachelor's Degree or Diploma from an accredited institution
- Current midwifery certificate
- Labour and Delivery Operating Room Experience would be an Asset
- Current registration with the Bermuda Nursing Council, as required
- Minimum of two years post graduate nursing experience as a maternal nurse
- Current certifications: CPR, NRP, PALS, I.V. electronic fetal monitoring and manages epidural in Labor & Delivery
- Experience in Physical assessment
- Demonstrated knowledge and clinical competencies