The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryAntigua Commercial Bank is seeking to recruit a qualified and experienced individual for the position of Risk Analyst.
Antigua Commercial Bank is seeking to recruit a qualified and experienced individual for the position of Risk Analyst to provide strong support to the Manager-Risk & Compliance by assisting in researching and analyzing data and financial information promptly and effectively; assessing risk accurately, and providing sound recommendations to Management to assure the quality and profitable performance of the Bank’s Loan and Investment portfolios; identifying areas of risk that could potentially threaten the Bank’s assets and earning capacity, particularly credit, liquidity, foreign exchange, and regulatory risk; identifying, monitoring and reporting operational risks including the coordination of the business continuity planning of the Bank; ensuring that policies and procedures are followed in accordance with the law, ECCB guidelines and ACB’s objectives.
The duties to be performed include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Builds, compiles and maintains industry data to develop an up to date and relevant industry database for referral and utilization in the accurate profiling and risk assessment of corporate and commercial customers.
- Evaluates on a test basis loan requests carefully, analyzing financial data, confirming collateral security, checking references and assessing risk accurately, and ensuring security exists and is properly in place to ensure accurate risk assessment and rating.
- Coordinates the Bank’s business continuity programmes and policies in conjunction with departmental representatives and external service providers.
- Oversees all risk-taking activities, including reviewing transactions and models to ensure that they are being conducted within an appropriate risk control framework.
- Contributes positively to ensure that the Group’s overall targets are met with any negative variance not exceeding l0%.
- Conducts risk assessment for new products or services to be offered by the Bank.
- Liaises with Central Bank and Risk Managers of other Banks with regard to benchmarking procedures for effective maintenance of the Group’s Risk Management.
To perform the job successfully the individual must have:
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Economics/Business Administration/Finance/Banking or relevant field
- Certification in Risk Management, Anti-Money Laundering practices
- Possess a minimum of 3 years’ progressive banking experience
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Thorough working knowledge of the Banking Act and the Anti-Money Laundering Act
Compensation: An attractive package inclusive of Pension Plan and Medical Insurance.
Suitable applications received by February 10, 2017 will be acknowledged.