The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Safety & Occupational Health Specialist
Job SummaryUnder general direction of the Environmental Affairs Team Leader, plans, directs, and implements organization safety programs to ensure safe, healthy, and accident-free work environment in the Antilles and Puerto Rico manufacturing plants.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plans and implements safety policies and procedures in compliance with local state and federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA initials in Spanish) regulations.
- Plans and implements programs to train managers and employees in work site safety practices, fire prevention, and correct handling techniques for chemicals, toxins, equipment, and other materials.
- Prepares studies and analyses of industrial accident causes and hazards to health for use by company personnel and outside agencies.
- Inspects organization facilities to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards, determines corrective and/or preventive measures to indicated, follows up to and ensure measures have been implemented.
- Provides information, signs, posters, barriers, and other materials to warn of potential and actual safety hazards and to prevent access to hazardous conditions.
- Leads or work together with supervisors the investigation of accidents and injuries and cooperates in the preparation of material and evidence for organization use in hearings, lawsuits, and insurance investigations.
- Complies and submits accident reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Oversees the administration of workers’ compensation program, including working with the insurance carrier to reduce employee lost time.
- Prepares and arranges safety exhibits and material for display, promotional work, industry conferences, and exhibitions.
- Represents the organization in community or industry safety groups and programs. Maintains safety files and records.
- BS in Engineering with 3+ years of experience.
- Must be bilingual (English/Spanish) and must have good communications skills both oral and written.
- Must have OSHA knowledge and certification.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Word and Excel