The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Sector Director (FMG/PA 4) – Finance & Development Monitoring Unit
Job SummaryApplications are being invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following positions within the Public Enterprises Division of this Ministry.
To plan, direct, coordinate and monitor the Section’s contribution to the Finance and Development Monitoring Unit‘s participation in the Public Enterprises Division’s mandate with regards to the Public Bodies, in an effort to advance the national interest in the enhancement of the efficiency, effectiveness, economy, transparency and accountability with which the public bodies serve their respective missions within the context of the Fiscal Responsibility and Corporate Governance Framework.
- To direct the continuous review of the composition of the Public Bodies Subsector and of collaborate whenever appropriate with other stakeholders in the development and implementation of programmes for its rationalization.
- To monitor the management and administration of the finances and other aspects of the operations of the individual Public Bodies assigned to the section with a view to analyzing assessing and reporting at appropriate intervals on each public body’s level of success of failure in meeting it specific financial and other performance targets.
- To participate in the representation of the interests of the Government of Jamaica on issues affecting the Unit’s Public Bodies locally and internationally.
- To oversee the continuous collection of comprehensive, accurate and up-to-date information on the assigned individual Public Bodies and to collaborate with the Management Support Unit in ensuring that the Division’s databases are continuously populated with those data.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Knowledge of accrual and government cash accounting principles
- Good knowledge of Government of Jamaica budgeting and planning processes
- Excellent knowledge Corporate Governance and risk management principles
- Excellent critical reasoning, quantitative and qualitative analysis skills
- Strong negotiating and persuasive presentation skills
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Management Studies or related discipline along with a minimum of six (6) years working experience in a similar field. OR
- Post Graduate qualification in Accounting, Finance or equivalent with a three (3) years’ experience at a management level
Salary: $2,593,142 - $3,082,431 per annum Travel Allowance: $1,341,624.00 p.a.
Please note that only short listed applicants will be contacted.