The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Senior Director, Strategic Human Resource Policy Development (GMG/SEG5)
Job SummaryApplications are being invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Senior Director, Strategic Human Resource Policy Development (GMG/SEG5) in the Strategic Human Resource Management Division of this Ministry.
The Senior Director of Strategic Human Resource Policy Development is responsible for identifying emerging public policy issues, determining their impact on the human capital management and ensuring a whole-of-government approach is used in the research and design of timely, integrative and effective policy response solutions.
Responsibilities and Duties include:
- Develops operating policies and procedures for the unit ensuring that they remain relevant and in- keeping with professional good practices
- Identifies, researches and escalates policy issues, key trends and themes to ensure a solid evidence base is available to inform decision making
- Develops, implements and reviews strategic human resource policy framework for the public sector
- Researches and conducts analysis required to develop policies, relevant legislation, programmes and evaluation tools relevant to key policy issues
- Experiments with new and innovative policy tools; trains teams in new policy and research techniques and practices
- Formulates strategies and analyses techniques and practices in strategic human resource management
- Develops human resource risk management policies and procedures to ensure the appropriate control of risks
- Provides advice on legislative frameworks, ministry papers and consultant reports
Required Knowledge/Skills include:
- Thorough knowledge of the Public Sector environment and the machinery of Government.
- Working knowledge of information technology and productivity software and their applications.
- Good knowledge of Human Resource Management Principles and Practices.
- Excellent knowledge of the Staff Orders and Public Service Regulations
Required Competencies include:
- Ability to think and act at the strategic level;
- Excellent leadership, team-building and people management skills;
- Sound judgement, analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent strategic planning, oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent research, statistical and organizational development skills
- Planning and Organising skills;
- Sound Change Management skills
- Project Management Skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with partners across the public sector and international development partners.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Master Degree / BSc / in Human Resource Management/ Public Policy / Public Sector Management/ Social Science/Liberal Arts.
- Specialized training in Policy Development.
- Five (5) years’ experience in public policy development and research or any equivalent combination of education and training that provides the required knowledge.
Salary: $3,047,373-$3,622,369 per annum
Travelling: $ 1,341,624 per annum.
We thank all for applying but please note that only short listed applicants will be contacted.