The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Senior Food Storage Scientist (S0G/S7 7)
Job SummaryThe Ministry of Industry, Commerce, Agriculture and Fisheries is inviting suitably qualified persons to fill the post of Senior Food Storage Scientist (S0G/S7 7) in the Food Storage & Prevention of Infestation Division (Kingston).
Under the direction of the Chief Food Storage Officer, the incumbent efficiently manages the Microbiology Laboratory ensuring its smooth operation in carrying out Laboratory Analysis and Research.
- Good quality laboratory results that meet National and International standards produced
- Relevant and Acceptable research findings to facilitate the development of Government policies and procedures
- Analytical results that ensure the Jamaican customers receive wholesome foodstuff produced.
- Substandard or potential hazardous food detected, thus protecting the health and welfare of the consumer.
- Monthly reports produced and submitted.
- Master of Science in General Microbiology/Food Microbiology with three years' experience in the laboratory environment and:
- Diploma/Certificate in Management Studies/Public Administration and;
- Knowledge of NAACP and the Food Storage Laws.
Salary — $1,734,656 - 2,061,961 per annum