The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Senior Internal Auditor
Job SummaryTo execute internal audit programme of assigned activities to determine the adequacy and effectiveness of the systems of internal controls and to assist in monitoring the Agency’s risk environment.
- Assists with the preparation of the operational plans and budget for the Audit Section;
- Assists with the development/review of operating policies and procedures to guide the operations of the Audit Section and the conduct of audits;
- Contributes to the preparation of the annual audit plan;
- Maintains filing system for audit files ensuring security standards are observed;
- Represents the Audit Section and the Agency at internal and external meetings and other functions as directed;
- Assists with the consolidation and compilation of final audit reports;
- Prepares and submits activity and other reports as required.
- Plans the scope of audits and prepares audit programmes to direct the conduct of the audit review to meet the audit objectives;
- Conducts ongoing risk assessment in planning an audit review and propose other areas for examination resulting from the assessment;
- Examines both financial and operational records and documents to determine compliance with the relevant regulations, laws, policies and procedures;
- Designs and administers Internal Control Questionnaires to assess the adequacy of the systems of internal control in the operations to achieve established audit objectives;
- Conducts special audits and special assignments as directed;
- Prepares Report of audit findings along with proposed recommendations made and submit for review;
- Convenes meetings to discuss with Sections audit findings and recommendations for corrective action;
- Maintains working papers, ensuring any review query is cleared before closure;
- Keeps abreast of trends and changes in Internal Audit standards and practices and assists with compliance with same.
- Reviews the work of junior staff and provides technical support and guidance as required;
- Deputise in the absence of the Chief Internal Auditor;
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Chief Internal Auditor.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills;
- Keen attention to details;
- Excellent writing and presentation skills with the ability to effectively communicate at all levels;
- Sound technical proficiency including excellent knowledge of audit techniques and practices and value for money audit;
- Excellent Interpersonal skills;
- Excellent planning and organizing skills with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Competence in the use of relevant computer applications.
Minimum Required Qualification and Experience
- First Degree/Diploma in Accounting/Management or ACCA Level II or equivalent qualification;
- At least two (2) years auditing experience.
- Working experience in Internal Audit will be an asset.
Salary range $1,042,520.00 - $2,045,619.00 per annum and any allowance(s) attached to the post.
Please note that only short listed applicants will be contacted.