The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Senior Lecturer/Lecturer in Engineering
Job SummaryThe general responsibility of the lecturer/senior lecturer in Engineering is to teach graduate and undergraduate courses Civil, Electronics and Computer Systems, Biomedical, or Electrical Power Engineering.
Additionally, she/he is required to supervise undergraduate and graduate research (MPhil and PhD) projects. The successful candidates will also be required to research and participate in the strategic planning and management of teaching and learning, including curricula development programmes within the Department and wider Faculty.
Applicants must satisfy the following essential criteria:
- PhD in Civil Engineering/ Electronics Engineering/Electrical Power Engineering/Computer Engineering/Biomedical Engineering or Computer Systems Engineering
- Relevant teaching experience
- Demonstrated scholarly research
Additionally the candidate must:
- Have at least 2 years of industrial work experience either via full time employment or special projects/contracts/consultancies;
- Be willing to work with local and international industries to create innovative solutions to complex problems;
- Possess excellent communication skills with a strong commitment to excellence in teaching, scholarship, service and technology application in the classroom;
- Possess a genuine interest in helping students and a demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of a diverse team.
Candidates who possess the following will be at a distinct advantage:
- Certificate in University Teaching
- Experience supervising MPhil/PhD students
- Evidence of prior grant acquisition
- Administrative Experience within an Academic Institution
- Evidence of Curriculum Development (face to face or distant delivery modes)
- Evidence of contribution to the Public Service OR field of Study
Applicants are required to submit a resume giving full particulars of qualifications, experience, the names and addresses of three (3) referees (one of whom should be from your present organization) and copies of academic qualifications.
The University thanks all applicants, but due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.