The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Senior Lecturer/Lecturer in International Relations/International Political Economy
Job SummaryApplications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Senior Lecturer/Lecturer in International Relations/International Political Economy.
Applicants must satisfy the following essential criteria:
- Ph.D. degree from a recognized University in in International Relations, International Politics or Government specializing in International Political Economy and/or International Trade Policy and International Economic Law and Institutions
- Relevant teaching experience
- Demonstrated scholarly research
Candidates who possess the following will be at a distinct advantage:
- Certificate in University Teaching
- Experience supervising MPhil/PhD students
- Evidence of prior grant acquisition
- Administrative Experience within an Academic Institution
- Evidence of Curriculum Development (face to face or distant delivery modes)
- Evidence of contribution to the Public Service OR field of Study
- A strong commitment to excellence in teaching, scholarship, service and technology application in the classroom.
Candidates will be expected to be well versed in issues pertaining to globalization and sustainable human development in small economies and Caribbean political economy questions in general. It would be desirable if candidates have a research profile that not only encompasses Caribbean development issues but goes beyond this area to encompass other regions and actors, and/or global political economy themes.
The successful candidate will also be required to establish research partnerships internationally, regionally and departmentally, effectively seek and attract research funding, direct relevant research related to International Relations and International Political Economy and contribute to the elaboration of Caribbean political economy theory. The successful candidate is also expected to make a significant contribution to the department's research output, to undertake an appropriate teaching and administrative load, and to take part in outreach activities.
Applicants are required to submit a curriculum vitae (inclusive of a statement on teaching and research interests) giving full particulars of qualifications, experience, the names and addresses of three (3) referees (one of whom should be from your present organization) and copies of academic qualifications.
The University thanks all applicants, but due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.