The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Senior Lecturer/Lecturer in Literatures in English
Job SummaryApplications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the post of Senior Lecturer/Lecturer in Literatures in English.
Qualification and Experience
Doctorate (PhD) in Literatures in English or a closely related discipline
- Significant experience teaching Literatures in English at the tertiary level, inclusive of postgraduate courses;
- Substantial well-defined research and publication profile in Literatures in English
- Supervisory experience of Master’s and Doctoral students is desirable
Special Expertise /Focus
The Department welcomes applications from candidates whose research focuses on major currents and authors in the 20th century literature of the English-speaking Caribbean.
Applicants with expertise in oral traditions in the Caribbean may also be considered for the post.
The Literatures in English programme promotes interdisciplinary research and teaching, and experience in, or openness to, interdisciplinary approaches is highly desirable. Candidates who have demonstrable experienced in archival research, and the ability to use archival methods and materials in teaching are desirable.
The Department places high priority on individuals who can work well in a team environment. Candidates should also possess good communication and interpersonal skills. A good command of English is essential.
Candidates must also:
- Possess a flexible and committed disposition to all work-related tasks
- Possess excellent time management skills and the ability meet tight deadlines
- Be computer literate and able to use information technology tools
- Be willing to collaborate with colleagues in teaching, administration and research endeavors
- Be Student focused and centered