The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Senior Lecturer/Lecturer in Surgery
Job SummaryThe University of the West Indies, Mona Campus invite applications from suitable persons to fill the position of Senior Lecturer/Lecturer in Surgery.
Applicants should have a Medical Degree from a University recognized by the Medical Council of Jamaica and should possess:
- Postgraduate qualification in General Surgery;
- Relevant teaching experience in Undergraduate and Postgraduate Surgery;
- Demonstrated scholarly research;
- Postgraduate degree in Epidemiology or Medical Education.
The successful candidate will report to the Head, Department of Surgery, Radiology, Anesthesia & Intensive Care and is expected to perform the following duties:
- Teach, research and participate in the strategic planning and management of teaching and learning;
- Teach/Lecture at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels;
- Supervise and train post graduate students;
- Develop an active research programme, in their area of specialization;
- Participate in outreach activities at the Department/Faculty/Campus and University level.
The successful candidate is expected to assume duties August 1, 2017.
Excellent communication skills are essential, as is a strong commitment to excellence in teaching, scholarship. service and technology application in the classroom. Applicants must possess a genuine interest in helping students and the ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
Applicants are required to submit a curriculum vitae inclusive of a statement of teaching and research interests.
The University thanks all applicants, but due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.