The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Senior Policy Analyst (GMG/SEG 3)
Job SummaryApplications are being invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following positions within the Public Enterprises Division of this Ministry.
To support the Director Policy & Research in managing the corporate governance portfolio for Public Bodies, including the implementation of the Corporate Governance Framework towards strengthening the governance arrangements of Public Bodies in order to facilitate greater probity, transparency and efficiency in the function of Government.
- To review and recommend amendments to the PBMA Act and Regulations and develop Codes and Policies support of these amendments;
- To coordinate the implementation of the policies, regulations, and guidelines that will support the Corporate Governance Framework (CGF), for Public Bodies;
- To review and analyze key metrics and performance evaluation tools to facilitate timely implementation to ensure optimum compliance with the Corporate Governance Framework’s policies and codes;
- To coordinate and conduct orientation and sensitization seminars and workshops on the PBMA Act, PBMA Regulations, Codes, Policies, and Guidelines relevant to the Public Bodies;
- To conduct research in support of this portfolio.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Excellent knowledge of key principles in corporate governance
- Sound of Public policy development and approval process
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- Sound analytical skills
- Sound knowledge of risk management principles
- Excellent critical reasoning, quantitative and qualitative analysis skills
- Strong negotiating and persuasive presentation skills
- First Degree in Management Studies, Accounting, Finance, Economics or related discipline OR
- Three (3) years related experience.
Salary: $2,097,527 - $2,493,300 per annum Travel Allowance: $707,448 per annum
Please note that only short listed applicants will be contacted.