The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Shelter Project Manager
Job SummaryFacilitate the development of the program through the conceptualization, design, proposal and implementation of the program with a special focus on shelter, sanitation and other infrastructure such warehouses , office and / or community centers.
The role of the Shelter Project Manager is:
- Develop strategies and initiatives that enhance and improve the selection of beneficiaries.
- Develop technical manuals on approved practices and appropriate construction.
- Manage all staff directly working on shelters including (s) supervisor (s), monitors, mobilizers. Accompanying programs teams during the transition from emergency approach to the establishment of a community development approach and partnership.
- Ensure gender balance and ensure the effective integration of all.
- Liaise between the local and regional representatives, UN organizations and NGOs in planning, coordination and support for existing programs and developing new programs.
- Ensure internal reporting and donor reporting in compliance with the deadlines
- Prepare and administer the budget of the program and evaluate the financial efficiency of the program.
- Manage direct specialists and ensure adequate technical input and just the conceptualization and implementation of the program.
- Ensure inter-program integration: learning, sharing and adoption of best practices within the various programs.
- Facilitate the development of monitoring tools and program evaluation.
At least two years experience in program management and field coordination
Knowledge of the aid system and empowered to understand the system and donor governments
Excellent oral and written expression
Ability to coordinate and manage a team and projects
Ability to work independently and creatively in the field and in capital
Teamwork and ability to create a team spirit
High flexibility, interpersonal skills and negotiation skills. Strong ability to work in an intercultural context
Ability to work under pressure
Knowledge of local language and / or regional is a
Salary defined by the ACTED salary grid; educational level, expertise, hardship, security, and performance are regarded for bonus pay
Additional monthly living allowance
Provided free food and lodging at the organization's guesthouse / or housing allowance (DEPENDING on contract length and country of assignment)
Transportation costs covered, Including additional return ticket + luggage allowance
Provision of medical, life, and repatriation insurance + retirement package