The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Snr. Lecturer/ Lecturer in Gender and Development Studies
Job SummaryThe University of the West Indies, Mona Campus invite applications from suitable persons to fill the position of Snr. Lecturer/ Lecturer in Gender and Development Studies.
Applicants must satisfy the following essential criteria:
- PhD in Gender and Development Studies or a related discipline;
- proven ability to teach in a multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary academic environment.;
- demonstrated record of high quality teaching at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels;
- a significant record of achievement in independent research and success in attracting research funding;
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Teach interdisciplinary gender courses at the undergraduate and graduate levels;
- Conduct research in the area of Gender and Development Studies to find solutions and policy alternatives to development problems;
- Supervise MPhil/PhD graduate research;
- Participate in the strategic planning and management of teaching and learning, including curricula development programs within the Unit;
- Contribute to the life of the University and to advance teaching, research and community outreach.
The University thanks all applicants, but due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.