The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Student Success Specialist/Academic Advisor II/Tutor Program Coordinator
Job SummaryThe successful candidate will assist with advisement counseling, and mentoring of at-risk students including undecided majors, pre-college participants and students whose academic standing needs repair.
- The candidate will provide support to students for orientation registration and testing; respond to students’ concerns/problems; complete and submit all compliance reports as directed by the Executive Director; on St. Croix.
- Will also recruit, hire, train, schedule, and evaluate all Tutors, Peer Mentors, Academic Coaches, Supplemental Instruction Leaders, and Learning Assistants on St. Croix campus.
- Will manage/submit the Center application for the College Reading and Learning Association (CRLA) certification and keep the certification up to date.
- Assist the Coordinator of Summer Bridge as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree. Must have good oral, written, documentation, and organizational skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Must interact with students and other members of the University community with integrity and respect.
- Two years’ experience in either Academic Advising or Learning Center leadership.
- Master’s degree
- Experience with Banner
- Experience with EAB SSC-Campus, Grades First, or similar program
- UMKC Supplemental Instruction Supervisor certification
- CRLA experience
- STEM major
General office work, walking across campus, carrying projectors, computers, and other office essentials to various job locations on a daily basis. Travel needed.