The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Supervisor – Server/Data Services
Job SummaryThe Supervisor – Server/Data Services has the responsibility to co-ordinate and monitor the use and maintenance of servers to deliver high quality computer services to the Corporation.
The key responsibilities include.
- Maintains production server services and related applications
- Maintains the backup and restoration of production data-sets
- Installs, configures and maintains server networking equipment
- Troubleshoots and resolves server-related problems/issues
- Conduct reviews of the performance and efficiency of equipment and makes recommendations for adjustments
- Configures and maintains/patch/backup Windows File servers, Applications/Web application Servers Exchange, SQL server, IlS/Apache servers Maintain/configure Active Directory
The ideal candidate should have.
Specific Knowledge, Qualification and Experience
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science
- Professional certification or experience in Microsoft Windows environment
- At least three (3) years experience working with serum
- Knowledge of Windows Server environment and Linux operating system
- Working knowledge of backup procedures and Windows Network Infrastructure and VM ware-Virtualization
Required Skills and Specialized Technique
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills
- Good oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.