The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Technical Assistant I
Job SummaryThe Technical Assistant I provides day to day technical support to the Site and ensures smooth running of the technical operations.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Five (5) GCE ‘O’ Level or CXC-CSEC (General I, II or III from 1998) passes including English Language.
- A relevant Technician’s Diploma/Certificate or an Associate Degree in Information Technology from a recognized institution;
- At least three (3) years’ work experience in a networking environment and familiarity with computer hardware, computer software and best I.T. practices.
The successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate:
- strong interpersonal skills;
- ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing;
- good time management skills;
- excellent customer service skills.
- Monitors and maintains local area networks (LANs) and associated infrastructure at The UWI Open Campus San Fernando an Point Fortin Sites.
- Monitors local network node connectivity to the wider Open Campus network.
- Reports, troubleshoots and assists in resolving LAN and WAN connectivity issues.
- Be the first level of technical support for both staff and students at the Site;
- Conducts orientation classes for students including how to initially access the online learning environment;
- Installs, maintains and repairs computers at the Site;
- Assist in the installation, maintenance and repair of other equipment at the Site;
- Maintains an inventory of equipment at the Site;
- Assists students with uploading of assignments, downloading of study material;
- Records students’ complaints and channels them to the relevant personnel for resolutions;
- Supports users at the Sites in accessing enterprise and web conferencing applications (including but not limited to Banner, Blackboard Collaborate and Zoom);
- Performs any other related duties as may be assigned.
Interested applicants must complete the UWI Open Campus application form along with a cover letter and curriculum vitae.