The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Training and Development Officer
Job SummaryResponsible for coordinating the development and execution of relevant human resources development programmes that will benefit individuals and Divisions/Departments/Service Stations/Terminals of GuyOil.
NATURE AND SCOPE OF THE JOB
The Training and Development Officer is required to assist in the formulation of strategies and objectives aimed at upgrading all skills of employees, in accordance with the Development Strategy of GuyOil, and in liaison with all other relevant Managers, as well as:
- Organise and implement orientation procedures for employees and ensure the implementation of related programmes.
- Monitor the implementation of priority training and development plans.
- To participate in the development of a Manpower Plan which will guide recruitment and promotion policies
- To assist in the identification of human resources with the potential for growth and provide the necessary developmental support
- To recommend assistance for employees committed to self-improvement for the benefit of the Company.
- Advise the Human Resources Manager on any discerned gaps for which training may be needed but which may require policy reviews.
The Incumbent is required to organise orientation of employees to GuyOil’s organisation structure, management and operational systems and identifies human resources with potential for growth and arranges for the provision of the necessary developmental support, as well as for assistance to those employees committed to self-improvement for the benefit of the Company.
The Training and Development Officer The Incumbent is also responsible for the compilation and maintenance of a database of sources of relevant training materials, and of institutions and agencies whose resource capabilities can be utilised for training and development.
The Incumbent organises training-of-trainers programmes and the development of the latter’s abilities to design and conduct relevant courses in turn. Also required to prepare a Training Needs Analysis Plan for review by the Human Resources Manager and the Management Committee, for which training or other developmental interventions will be needed.
The Incumbent coordinates the acquisition and maintenance of materials relevant to the content and delivery of the respective training programmes; as well as arranges for contributions by, and participation of, relevant expertise from within the organisation, as well as external resource personnel.
The Training and Development Officer must determine, on an annual basis, the Major Job Objectives of the Work Programme of the Training and Development Section, which must be developed in relation to each activity for which a budget must be formulated and must identify and discuss with subordinates, the ‘Key Results Areas’ to be used as determinants of their performance results on a quarterly and annual basis.
DUTIES, WORK FIELD, TRAITS:
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- FORMULATES comprehensive Human Resources Development Plans for approval by the Human Resources Manager and GuyOil’s Management Committee; and coordinates the implementation of all approved training activities.
- PREPARES and SUBMITS for approval, estimates of budgetary allocations to fund the activities of the Human Resources Development programmes.
- COORDINATES the procurement and maintenance of all materials and equipment relevant to the content and delivery of the respective programmes, and COMPILES a relevant database, as well as a database of institutions and agencies capable of delivering the relevant training and development.
- RECOMMENDS appropriate levels of programmes to be implemented to upgrade employees’ skills in accordance with the Training Plan; and FACILITATES employees' understanding of and adaptation to the change process.
- PREPARES evaluation reports on respective training exercises as well as on individual participant’s performance, for possible follow-up action.
- PARTICIPATES in the conduct of training sessions for employees using lecture-demonstrations, manuals and audio-visual aids.
- TAKES comprehensive responsibility for organising the whole range of training programmes, beginning with Orientation, and covering the various levels of support staff, to ensure the effective discharge of their duties.
- COMPILES and MAINTAINS of a database of sources of relevant training materials, and of institutions and agencies whose resource capabilities can be utilised for training and development.
- COLLABORATES closely with colleagues and Division/Department Heads to achieve organisational training objectives. PLANS and COORDINATES preparation of grading of tests and evaluating results, as necessary.
- MAKES recommendations for the development of training programmes related to career directions, and further education/training to support the business of the Company. MAINTAINS a library of all training documentation, other materials, and the effective storage of equipment and aids. IDENTIFIES training venues, examines applications, arranges and participates in the screening of Support Staff as required.
- COORDINATES the delivery of instructional methods in specific areas of operations, as well as the preparation of materials for training interventions and information guides.
- DEVELOPS and MAINTAINS contact with training institutions, facilitators, etc. FACILITATES on-the-job training and coaching; MAKES recommendations for job rotation, scholarships (overseas and local), seminars, conferences and workshops, training courses and session.
- UNDERTAKES research into teaching aids and ADVISES on their introduction into the Company.
SUPERVISORY JOB DESCRIPTION EVALUATION: QUALIFICATIONS PROFILE
Bachelor’s Degree in Education or Management with specialization in Curriculum Development, Learning and Teaching Methodologies; Teacher Training Certificate.
Technical, Vocational Worker requiring up to seven years in in-house training programmes in job related field, inclusive of customer service experience. Knowledge of standard practices, procedures and technologies related to current position.
Responsible for coordinating the delivery of instructional methods in specific areas of operations, as well as the preparation of materials for induction and on-the-job training interventions and information guides. Coordinates and schedules activities to ensure capability of personnel and resource material.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR MATERIALS CASH, ETC
Responsible for coordinating the development and execution of relevant human resources development programmes that will benefit individuals and Divisions/Departments/Service Stations/Terminals of GuyOil.
Responsible for ensuring adherence to and application of relevant procedures and regulations in day-to-day and training concepts. Knowledge of techniques and tactics requiring ability to review requests for specialised training; application of assessment criteria and ability to prepare curriculum in collaboration with Divisional/Departmental Heads.
QUALITY OF WORK
The Incumbent is required to plan and effect assignments within Specific time frames. Responsible for developing and maintaining contact with training institutions and facilitators. Facilitates on-the-job training and coaching; job rotation; seminars; conferences and workshops.
Analyses the results of activities and resources related to training planned for staff. Determines approach and content of training in association with Division/Department Heads/Supervisors. Coordinates Train-the-Trainers Programmes. Monitors post-training performances and identifies areas for improvement.
Must display a high level of concentration on the conceptualization, design, planning and delivery of training programmes; and other developmental interventions, and related follow up activities.
Works as a member of the Human Resources Team. Collaborates closely with colleagues and Division/Department Heads to achieve organisational training objectives. Plans and coordinates preparation of grading of tests and evaluating results. Also coordinates pre-training assessments.
MENTAL AND VISUAL DEMANDS
The Incumbent visits trainees on-the-job to ensure that training instructions are carried out, evaluates problems and reports on problems identified. Identify areas for improvement and prepares reports on observations.
Work is mainly in a comfortable office environment. Travel is required to conduct/oversee/supervise training at Service Stations & Terminals.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.