Each year, Fairmont State University provides two partial tuition waiver scholarships to international students who have outstanding intellectual abilities and personal qualities. The partial tuition waiver currently amounts to $8,714 per academic year. The tuition waiver does not cover laboratory technology fees, and other student activities fees, textbooks, or other incidentals.
Value: US$8,714 annually
Award Type: Academic
Duration: 4 Years
Number of awards: Not Specified
To be eligible for consideration for this scholarship, the applicant must:
- Apply from abroad and meet all requirements for admission to Fairmont State.
- Submit a letter of application including an essay of about 500 words discussing academic and career goals and expectations
- Have a minimum TOEFL score of 550 PBT or 89 IBT
- Give evidence of sound scholastic accomplishments
- Submit at least two letters of recommendation attesting to the good character, maturity, determination, and special talents of the applicant (one letter must be written on official stationery by a teacher who is familiar with the applicant’s scholastic work, while the other must be written by a person other than a relative, who knows the applicant personally
- Submit a brief resume of educational and work experience if he or she has been out of high school or college for more than one year.
- Submit the completed application for admission and letter requesting consideration for the tuition waiver with required supporting documentation including: official English translation of high school transcripts; official TOEFL score; scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) or American College Test (ACT) scores; officially notarized proof of financial support form; letters of recommendation; résumé of educational and work experience; and health certificate. Copies of scores will not be accepted.
Application Deadline: February 1