The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Power Plant Maintenance Mechanic
Job SummaryResponsible for performing administrative duties that include the preparation and completion of shop repair orders, research and submission of parts orders and properly recording of time worked at the end of each work day on the AUTEC project.
- Required to diagnose and repair a variety of simple to complex problems associated with the repair and maintenance of power generating equipment, as diesel engines, air compressors, pumping systems and other similar equipment.
- Adhere to all safety/environmental regulations as written in any procedure on the project as it pertains to the daily duties of a mechanic.
- Utilize repair manuals, periodical and service bulletins as required to troubleshoot and repair all power plant mechanical equipment.
- Perform daily cleaning of tools and present tools when requested for inspection.
- Assume responsibility of all assigned tools.
- Work hand in hand with fellow power plant personnel on a daily basis to provide the most efficient and cost effective repair services available.
- Attend all required training classes when represented and scheduled.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- 5 years related experience working in maintenance and repair of Diesel engines, and other types of industrial equipment.
- Must have two (2) years of technical training in the field of diesel engine or industrial equipment repair. Welding and fabrication experience and license/certification preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License and US passport will be required.
- Competent in Microsoft Suites (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Must be able to climb ladders and access utility trenches and on occasion confined spaces
- Preferred - Power Line maintenance and repair skill sets
- Preferred - CAT 3 Crane Certification
- Preferred - NAVFAC Ammo 29 certification
- Preferred – Bucket truck, man lift and Tower climbing certifications
- Works well in team orientated environment
- Interpersonal skills to interface with all levels of personnel in multi-cultural team-oriented environment
- Occasionally lifts/carries/pushes/pulls up to 50 pounds of supplies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to reside in remote location with limited medical facilities.
- This position requires the individual to be eligible to obtain a US Government security clearance; US Citizenship is required.