The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Accident and Emergency Nurse
Job SummaryAccident and Emergency (A & E) RNs will provide medical treatment to patients requiring acute and life-saving care.
The ideal candidate will assist with minor medical procedures as part of the treatment response, helping to stabilize a patient and assist the doctor with everything from suturing wounds to intubating critical patients.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Focus on providing care for patients suffering from trauma or other illnesses that require emergency attention
- Recognize and treat life-threatening conditions, with the ability to deploy rapid assessment and treatment of patients in critical situations during the initial phase of acute illness and trauma
- Triages each patient and determines priority of care based on physical, psychological, and social needs
- Records patient histories, performs various diagnostic tests, administers medications, and develops patient care plans in conjunction with other medical professionals
- Assists physicians during examinations and emergency procedures, operating and monitoring medical equipment as necessary
- Observes patients' progress, records observations in patient medical record, and updates attending physician directly when necessary
Qualifications and Experience:
- Must possess a Bsc. in Nursing from a recognized University
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in critical care
- Must have a valid Nursing License
- Emergency Nurse certification(s) would be an asset
- Must be able to work on flexible shift system, e.g. nights/weekends, etc.