The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryThe University of the Southern Caribbean invites applications for the position of Accountant.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for asset management
- Recording asset- visual and written
- Logging and labeling all asset by departments
- Determine cost of asset
- Conducts inventory on a quarterly basis
- Uploads budget into accounting software
- Responsible for final upload of information to Accounting System
- Liaises with Accounting Software management support group
- Liaises with technical persons in relation to issues with the Technology
- Receives and records denominational transactions and reconciliations
- Provides support to Chief Accountant
- Perform any other duties as requested by Supervisor
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance from an accredited institution in addition to ACCA level 11 or CPA
- ACCA level III, or other equivalent professional qualification
- Four to five years of progressively responsible accounting experience inclusive of asset management
- Experience in working with Finance Software system
- Knowledgeable in Word, Excel, Windows, and accounting programs.
- Knowledge of accounting principles (GAAP) and standards.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all level of management, employees and customers.
- Integrity, dependability, confidentiality and conscientiousness required.
- Critical thinking
- Appropriate and professional appearance and demeanor required.
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Committed to high spiritual, moral and ethical standards of the University of the Southern Caribbean
The University wishes to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.