The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryThe incumbent is required to oversee the collection, processing, recording, reconciliation and reporting of financial data, and verifies the validity, completeness and accuracy of source documentation.
He / she maintains complete and proper records of revenue, expenditure, assets and liabilities, and ensures the accuracy and integrity of financial information. The position is also required to manage staff.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the maintenance of accounts and timely reporting of interim and fiscal closings in accordance with the Finance and Procurement Department policies
- Perform all aspects of the monthly financial close for various entities of the corporation including the preparation of journal entries in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), approving accounts payable vouchers, preparing and/or approving bank reconciliations, account analysis and financial statements
- Provide operational management of an accounts department, including debtors and creditors ledger, accounts payable and receivable, wages and salaries
- Maintain account analysis and reconciliation of balance sheet accounts including fixed assets and intercompany accounts
- Provide financial advice by studying operational issues; applying financial principles and practices; developing recommendations
- Ensure all balance sheet accounts are reconciled and signed off on a monthly basis to month end deadlines
- Supervise the development of the annual operating budget and ensures the department operates within allocated funds
- Spearhead the formulation of capital equipment budgets
- Manage the development and generation of cash flow reports and projections, financial reports etc as required
- Review and analyse all financial reports and results, cash receipts and disbursements corporate debt and lease related journal entries to identify trends, ensure compliance with regulations and offer recommendations where necessary for future process of practice improvements
- Implement and test internal controls
- Maintain staff job results by coaching, counselling and discipling employees; planning, monitoring and appraising job results
- Conduct all duties in conformance with Health, Safety, Security & Environment (HSSE) requirements
- Perform other related duties.
Minimum Education and Qualifications
- Training as evidenced by possession of certified accounting designations such as the ACCA or equivalent or a recognised University Degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Post-graduate qualifications in a related field will be considered an asset.
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in general accounting with a minimum of three (3) years in a supervisory level in an accounting environment.
- Experience in a state or public enterprise is desired.
Or any other equivalent combination of qualification or experience
- Knowledge of Public/State enterprise reporting requirements as well as reporting requirements to the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Ability to observe and maintain confidentiality in the performance of duties.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented and works with a high degree of accuracy.
- Highly organized and flexible.
- Must be self-directed and able to complete projects with limited supervision.
- Working knowledge of industrial relations practices.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite and knowledge and experience with Peachtree Accounting Software and MicroPay.
We thank all applicants for your interest. However, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.