The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Accounting Assistant (Projects)
Job SummaryApplications are invited for the post of Accounting Assistant Temporary (Projects) in The University of the West Indies Open Campus, Office of Finance.
The Accounting Assistant (Projects) will perform accounting duties to facilitate the efficient and proper operations of the Office of Finance, conduct duties in accordance with The UWI Financial Code, financial procedures and guidelines and Open Campus specific procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Candidates for the position should possess:
- a Bachelor’s Degree in related field;
- relevant accounting experience;
- proficiency in computer processing for financial functions.
The successful applicant should:
- good interpersonal and communication skills;
- good analytical skills;
- good work ethics and values;
- good decision-making skills;
- the ability to work with minimum supervision;
- proficiency in Banner Finance, Microsoft Office Suite and other software;
- the ability to deliver in accordance with strict reporting deadlines.
The Accounting Assistant Temporary (Projects) will:
- contribute to the reconciliations, verification, processing of financial data and transactions;
- assist with the preparation of Special Project reports and ensure timely submissions;
- ensure appropriate approval of source documents as required for the generation of purchase orders and cheques;
- print purchase orders and upload to tax portal as required;
- print and batch cheques for signing and communicate with relevant party for collection of cheques;
- review financial documents and financial transactions of projects for accuracy;
- prepare project reports, journals and schedules and other documents as required;
- prepare, update and maintain various reports and lists;
- assist in preparation of schedules and other documents related to the annual audit, assist with the annual audit process in general as necessary;
- respond to requests and queries regarding financial transactions of the Projects;
- recommend changes to the system of processing special projects transactions to promote efficiency;
- implement approved financial systems, procedures and controls for the efficient functioning of the Office of Finance;
- maintain efficient and up to date filing of Project financial documents, including soft copy format, and retrieve documents as required;
- perform any other related duties as may be assigned.
- The appointment will be for the period of August 2017 – August 2020.
- The appointment will be at the Administrative Assistant Level.