The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryThe “Accounting Clerk” is required to performing the day to day activities relating to the management of the accounts, revenues an expenditure of the Company.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains general accounts related to cash transactions and general ledgers.
- Inputs data from supporting records and makes adjusting entries to facilitate the preparation of financial statements.
- Records assets.
- Maintains and reconciles schedules.
- Prepares routine statements, vouchers, cheques and schedule of accounts.
- Collates and prepares particulars of contributions to various funds.
- Monitors and updates necessary Finance files.
- Assists in the preparation of the annual estimates and in the preparation of accounting reports and/or statements.
- Performs related duties as may be required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- High degree of integrity.
- Highly confidential.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Must be methodical and accurate.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least 2 A’Level/ CAPE passes including Accounts.
- Full CXC or CSEC certificate including Math and English
- A suitable combination of experience and qualifications shall be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted