The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Accounting Clerk (FMG/AC 2)
Job SummaryThe incumbent will assist with clerical functions in the Finance and Accounts Unit.
- Files all accounting documents, such as Payment Vouchers, Bank Statements, Accounting Statements, Control Sheets/Transmittal and Lodgement Slips;
- Monitors stationery levels, Application Forms, Receipt Books and groceries;
- Prepares list of items for re-order;
- Receives and records all items purchased;
- Records and issues all cheques drawn;
- Issues stationery;
- Prepares/balances all cash books;
- Monitors Petty Cash and prepares vouchers for re-imbursement;
- Assists with the preparation of audit schedules;
- Performs any other duties which may be assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good planning and organizing skills
- Proficiency in the use of relevant computer applications
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles
Minimum Required Qualification and Experience
- Four (4) GCE O’ Levels including English Language and a numeric subject;
- Certificates in Accounting from Post-Secondary institutions and in-service training courses in Government Accounting and Voucher Preparation are assets;
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in Government or Commercial Accounting.
Salary range $644,924 – $766,612 per annum and any allowance(s) attached to the post.
Please note that only short listed applicants will be contacted.