The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Accounting Technician (FMG/AT 2)
Job SummaryApplications are being invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Accounting Technician within the Revenue Protection Division of this Ministry.
To supervise and coordinate the financial activities of the Division within the parameters established by the Ministry of Finance and the Public Service and in adherence with the FAA Act.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES INCLUDE:
- To supervise and coordinate the budgetary expenditures approved for the Revenue Protection Division and ensure that monies collected for other agencies are accounted for in accordance with the FAA Act and Ministry of Finance and the Public Service policies.
- To ensure the efficient preparation of the Division’s Cash Flow Request.
- To monitor and ensure efficient submissions and timely dispatch of suppliers’ invoices and cheques by the Accounts Support Team.
- To manage the Division’s Petty Cash Imprest.
- Assist with budget preparation
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS & ABILITIES INCLUDE:
- Sound knowledge of Government Accounting practices.
- Working knowledge of the Computer Systems and Applications.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Financial Administration and Audit Acts.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- AAT Level 2 or; ACCA CAT Level 2
- Certificate in Accounting from a recognized University
- Completion of second year in BSc. In Accounting or Management Studies
- ASc. Accounting, MIND
• Salary: $784,147 - $932,105 per annum
We thank all for applying but please note that only short listed applicants will be contacted.