The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Accounting Technician (FMG/AT1)
Job SummaryApplications are invited to fill the following temporary position of Accounting Technician (FMG/AT1) at the National Gallery of Jamaica (NGJ).
Under the direction of the Director of Finance and Administration, the Accounting Technician 3 (FMG/AT 3), is responsible for providing general accounting and financial reporting functions for the National Gallery of Jamaica (NGJ) and external stakeholders.
PERIOD OF EMPLOYMENT:
January 2, 2018 to June 29, 2018
- Maintain the Gallery’s accounting/financial records (bank reconciliations, inventory and ledger balances)
- Authorize payment vouchers/disbursements, and manage the work of the Accounts Department, in conformity with the Ministry of Finance regulations/procedures and the FAA Act
- Establish/maintain systems to ensure financial obligations (bills, salaries, statutory returns etc) are effected on time
- Assist with the co-ordination and control of activities in the department by verifying the accuracy of the general ledger, extracting trial balance from subsidiary books to main accounts
- Account for all funds received on behalf of the Gallery (gifts, donations and grants)
- Control all bank balances
- Ensure that financial records are in order for inspection (Audit)
- Provide leadership to staff through effective objective setting, delegation and communication
- Prepare/submit financial statements including income/expenditure statements regarding the Gift Shop and Coffee Shop, subvention, grants and other revenue earning activities
- AAT Level 3; or
- ACCA-CAT Level 3; or
- ACCA Level 1 or
- Diploma in Accounting; or
- A.Sc. in Accounting, MIND; or
- Completion of revised Certificate in Government Accounting Course or;
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Management Studies majoring in Accounting
- Three (3) years’ experience, one of which should be at senior level.