The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Accounts Clerk II
Job SummaryTo conduct financial duties in accordance with the Financial Regulations and Audit Act.
- Prompt and accurate payments.
- Proper Record Keeping of Accounts.
RANGE OF ACTIVITIES:
- Receives and pays out cash.
- Writes up cash-books.
- Examines Collectors' Cash-Books Statement.
- Writes up Collectors' Cash-Book Statement.
- Compiles returns of unused receipts.
- Maintains Loan Repayment registers.
- Maintains Contracts Register.
- Records telephone accounts.
- Maintains Withdrawals from Consolidated Funds and Remittance Registers.
- Maintains Salary Registers and prepares salary pay sheets.
- Prepares pay lists.
- Maintains PAYE Registers for daily, weekly, fortnightly and monthly paid employees.
- Prepares vouchers for Contract Gratuity.
- Operates ordinary impress.
- Maintains Allocation Registers and summarises Financial Returns.
- Registers warrants from other Departments and filled Financial Returns.
- Maintains Vote Accounts Ledger.
- Maintains Sub-imprest Register.
- Maintains and reconciles Loan Accounts.
- Maintains and reconciles Advance and Deposit accounts.
- Reconciles Collectors Cash-Book Statement.
- Maintains Revenue Accounts.
- Compiles Financial Reports at two (2) monthly intervals.
- Maintains Advances Registers to reflect indebtedness of Officers.
- Verifies time sheets and pay lists.
- Prepares Journal Vouchers.
- Writes up Control forms Register.
- Maintains Register of Contributions to National Insurance Scheme (NIS).
- NOTE: The incumbent would be expected to perform any combination of the activities listed, based on his/her functional area of operation.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- C.X.C. or G.C.E. 'O' Level passes in four (4) subjects including English Language and either Mathematics or Principles of Accounts or equivalent qualification.
- Any of the following:
- Ordinary Diploma in Commerce (GTI).
- Ordinary Certificate in Commerce (GTI).
- Certificate of the Institute of Book Keepers.
- The London Chamber of Commerce with passes in English Language (Higher) and Book Keeping (Intermediate) and any three (3) of the following subjects at Intermediate Stage, Business Statistics, Costing, Economics, Mathematics, or
- Structure of Commerce
- Royal Society of Arts with passes in English Language (Stage III advance) and Book-Keeping (Stage II Intermediate) and any three (3) of the following subjects at Stage II Intermediate, Commerce, Commercial Law, Cost Accounting, Economics
- General Principles of English Law
- A certificate in Industrial Relations and Social Studies (CLC).
- A certificate in Basic Accountancy.
- A pass at the Public Service Clerical entry Examination conducted by the Public Service Commission.
DECISION MAKING, PROBLEM SOLVING AND IMPACT ON RESULTS:
- Decision making is minimal, all decisions are made by supervisor. Impact on result can be measured by prompt payments and properly kept Accounting Records.
- The job holder is not a Supervisor nor a budget holder, but he/she is responsible for the records in his/her possession. The job holder must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of staff and the General Public.
Must be able to communicate with other staff members in a cordial and respectful manner.
Normal office environment.