The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Accounts Payables Officer
Job SummarySpectrum Management Authority invites applications for the position of Accounts Payables Officer.
The Accounts Payables Officer processes payments to suppliers, Government entities and other organisations and ensure that transactions are properly recorded that will assist in the preparation of accurate financial statements and related reports, thereby facilitating the organization's achievement of its vision, mission and goals.
The principal duties of the Accounts Payables Officer include!
- Processing payments to suppliers, ensuring that payments are timely and accurate.
- Preparing payment vouchers for statutory payments and/or voluntary deductions from payroll.
- Reconcile individual suppliers account.
- Reconcile ACCPAC Accounts Payable sub-ledger to General Ledger Control Account on a monthly basis.
- Prepares daily Cash Report
- Reconcile the main current account and any other assigned bank account monthly.
- Assist with updating the Fixed Asset Register on a monthly basis.
- Assist with preparing withholding tax schedules/reconciliations and ensure that all certificates are received for submission to the relevant tax authorities
- Certified Accounting Technician Level 3 or ACCA level 1.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and ACCPAC or other accounting software.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices and methods of the Financial Administration and Audit (FAA) Act.
- Minimum of three (3) years' experience in general accounting.
- Minimum of three (3) years' experience in accounts payables
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service attitude.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.