The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Accounts Receivable Clerk
Job SummaryGenerates invoices to port customers/tenants based on data provided from terminal operating system, reflecting services provided based on the established tariff.
- Ensures that all special charges for non-standard services are reflected in invoicing.
- Distributes invoices to customers /tenants either by standard mail delivery, or by electronic mail, as directed by the customer.
- Receives checks or wire transfers from customers / tenants.
- Applies payments to customer accounts.
- If discrepancies arise, calls customer / tenant to clarify the discrepancy and to determine proper application.
- In cases of short payments of over payments, contacts supervisor for assistance.
- Maintains all AR files and ensures that files are purged in accordance with the established record retention schedule.
- Prepares overdue or AR aging reports.
- Follows up on customers who have accounts that are past due.
- May make phone calls, or may send a follow up email reminder.
- Issues credits as required to adjust customer / tenant accounts for over payments of over charges.
- Reconciles all customer accounts.
- Creates the daily bank deposit and takes deposit to the bank as required.
- Posts deposit information into the system.
Skills, Experience, Capabilities - We're Looking for the Following in Applicants
- The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Knowledge and experience of bookkeeping principles
- Knowledge and experience of accounts receivable principles
- Computer skills in the use of accounting software and MS Office Suite
- Attention to detail
- Good verbal and business communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to solve problems
- Skills in mathematics
- Skills in running reports
- Associate degree in Accounting preferred
- 1-3 years' experience in accounts receivable preferred