The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Accreditation Officer, Health Services
Job SummaryApplications are invited from suitably qualified nationals of Trinidad and Tobago for the post of Accreditation Officer, Health Services, on contract, for a period of three (3) years, in the Ministry of Health.
The Health Services Accreditation Officer will assist with researching, analyzing, planning, educating, implementing, evaluating and communicating quality improvement projects, to support the Ministry of Health’s mission, vision and strategic goals, under the direction of the Director, Quality Management.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Recommends policy guidelines for services/systems review and re-engineering to achieve the Quality Improvement goals of the Ministry of Health.
- Assists medical and ancillary staff in developing mechanisms for review of patient care.
- Verifies compliance with performance improvement/regulatory requirements.
- Informs the content of policy for converting existing inspection practices for private hospitals and ambulatory care facilities into a coherent system for Quality Assessment.
- Supervises the effective implementation of the National Patient Safety and Quality Programme.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience and Training
- Registered Nurse, Licensed Midwife with over ten (10) years in a senior position at National Level.
- Certification in Quality Management and training in health service administration.
- Training/experience in health service accreditation.
- Working knowledge of certification, licensing and accreditation processes.
- Quality assessment/management skills.
- Computer literacy skills.
- Experience working with international/regional consultant.
- Any equivalent combination of training, experience and skills
We thank all applicants for their interest, however unsuitable/late applications will not be acknowledged.