The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryApplications are invited for the post of Administrative Assistant, in the Open Campus Country Sites, The University of the West Indies, Open Campus, Antigua and Barbuda.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Candidates for the position should possess:
- a Bachelor’s degree ideally in Business, Management, Accounting, Human Resources or related disciplines;
- a minimum of three (3) years’ experience at the supervisory level;
- professional Supervisory Management Training Certification (or equivalent);
- experience in the use of Web Conferencing software and social media (an asset).
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS NEEDED
The successful applicant should possess the following knowledge and skills:
- excellent Microsoft Office functions and Internet skills – i.e. be Technologically savvy;
- excellent communication skills – oral and written;
- excellent time management, planning and organisational skills;
- skilled in working with database and/or spreadsheet applications;
- knowledge of office procedures, filing and electronic record-keeping systems;
- mature analytical thinker and people-oriented, with good interpersonal skills;
- ability to function with confidentiality;
- ability to multi-task and cope in a fast-paced demanding environment – i.e. be organized and systematic;
- ability to work as a team member and team leader within a virtual collaborative environment;
- ability to work independently and efficiently with minimal supervision;
- willingness to work flexible hours;
- self-motivated, energetic and proactive.
The ideal job incumbent will:
- provide excellent customer service by way of student support and advice for online and face to face courses and programmes;
- oversee the day to day operations of the office by supervising and monitoring support staff;
- carry out administrative, admissions, registration and examination responsibilities;
- be responsible for preparation of all major documents including annual reports, press releases, advertisements, and newspaper supplements on courses offered;
- assist the Head of Site or assigned persons with the preparation and monitoring of budgets for the Site;
- perform general and confidential administrative duties to include but not limited to photocopying, faxing and mailing;
- co-ordinate outreach activities such as public lectures, seminars, workshops, conferences and social functions;
- assist the Head of Site with Alumni Relations activities and events (and in so doing, work closely with the Campus Officer for Alumni Relations through the Head);
- inform the Head of Site on the progress of all relevant assignments and related matters;
- liaise with the Head of Site on a range of matters to enhance communication and efficiency;
- develop and communicates information designed to keep the Site’s internal and external publics informed of Open Campus programmes, accomplishments and products;
- assist the Head of Site in relevant Quality Assurance matters as may arise from time-to-time;
- fully participate in the transition to ERP as a necessary Campus remit; and
- any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisors.
Interested applicants must complete the UWI Open Campus application form along with an up-to-date curriculum vitae.