The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryApplications are invited for the temporary position of Administrative Assistant at Liberty Hall - The Legacy of Marcus Garvey.
The Administrative Assistant enhances the Director/Curator’s effectiveness by providing information management support. The ideal candidate must be a dynamic individual who can perform all administrative functions of the Director/Curator.
- Implements and initiates follow-up action on decisions and recommendations of the Director/Curator
- Assists with co-ordination of activities for special events
- Conducts research on subject matters for the purpose of acquiring relevant background information to respond to queries (local & overseas)
- Coordinates visits of International Consultants/Scholars/Visitors
- Prepares minutes of meetings
- Ability to work under pressure and work on own initiative for extended hours.
- Good writing, reporting, organizing, time management and presentation skills
- Ability to relate appropriately with individuals of various social backgrounds
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office
Minimum Required Qualification/Experience
- Associate Degree/Diploma in Business Administration or Business Management or be a Certified Professional Secretary or the equivalent
- Two (2) years’ experience in a secretarial or administrative position