The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryThe Administrative Assistant will be reporting to the Project Manager and is primarily responsible for ensuring efficient and effective document management, customer service and communication with internal and external stakeholders.
The Administrative Assistant/Office Support is the principal assistant to the Project Manager and technical project team as required and directed. The Administrative Assistant is also responsible for maintaining up to date files on major plans, activities and project deliverables and ensure timely submission of reports to USAID and other stakeholders. The following list of responsibilities exemplifies those to be conducted by the Administrative Assistant.
- Provides administrative, logistical and clerical support to the project team and other suppliers of project-related services.
- Oversees project communications such as telephone calls and the dissemination of information to project stakeholders and visitors.
- Assist the Project Manager in organizing and maintaining agenda of meetings and project activities.
- Create and maintains project files in both hard and electronic form.
- Composes letters and memoranda from general instructions and answers routine correspondence.
- Establishes and maintains a system of control and safe keeping of confidential documents and reports.
- Maintains up-to-date information on the project materials for public distribution (e.g. brochure, newsletter), in collaboration with the PR, Marketing and Communication Officer, as instructed by the Project Manager.
- Assists the Project Manager and Technical Team in the preparation of materials for workshops.
- Assembles and disseminates project plans and reports to internal and external stakeholders such as NET, USAID, MoF, PIOJ, MOEYI and other MDAs
- Plan and coordinates administrative tasks and support project staff by facilitating project logistics such as meetings, conference rooms, conference calls etc.
- Take minutes of meetings, prepare and disseminate and action items and minutes of meetings in a timely manner.
- Assist in development of reports and presentations
- Keep up-to-date inventory of stationery items and ensure that par stock of items are maintained.
- Manage Petty Cash and keep proper records of all transactions.
- Manage the distribution of stationery supplies, equipment and other materials procured by the project for distribution to assigned project units/agencies and institutions ensuring that they are properly labeled and signed for by authorized personnel.
- Assist in the procurement of stationery supplies and equipment for workshops and office use
- Prepare and distribute invitations for project activities.
- Assist with preparation of program for any formal project activity.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
- Any other duties
Qualification, Skills and Attributes
- Associates Degree or equivalent in secretarial studies, business administration or any other relevant qualification for a recognized institution.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience in a similar position.
- Knowledge of the USAID and GOJ systems and procedures would be an advantage.
- Fluency in oral and written English.
- Computer Skills: Expertise in current office software applications.
- Values: Integrity/Commitment to mandate, Knowledge sharing/Continuous learning, Valuing diversity.
- Managing Relationships: Working in teams, Communicating information and ideas and self-management.
- Knowledgeable of the GOJ and USAID administrative procedures
- Good communication and analytical skills
- Ability to work in an international and multicultural environment