The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryThe Administrative Assistant position requires an in-depth knowledge of administrative and management theory and practice, as well as expert skills in human resources and personnel management.
The ideal candidate should possess strong computer skills and be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite applications as well as Adobe Photoshop. Candidates must also have strong writing skills and be able to submit a writing sample.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for day to day management of the Executive Offices including proper organization and filing of documents to ensure security, confidentiality and ease of retrieval
- Responsible for managing schedules and appointments for the Senior Management including official and private engagements
- Acts as a resource to team members, participates in team and professional meetings and gives input as to needs of clients.
- Monitors and evaluates HIC administrative and personnel needs, programs, processes and/or practices for quality and effectiveness
- Responsible for maintaining and tracking stationery and administrative inventory to ensure that essential supplies are always in stock without creating an oversupply situation
- Assist and participate in the delivery of presentations, stand up training, or instruction to staff, management, clients, or the public
- Assist with market research and media planning/analysis while expenditure within agreed budget
- Assist with production and publication of print and electronic publications such as newsletters, journals, magazines and other promotional documents
- Assist with development of concepts, format and produce radio and television programs for HIC designed for public education and promotion of services, expertise and products available at HIC or affiliated entities
- Research, conceptualize and implement new administrative strategies to improve staff efficiency, performance and overall productivity at HIC
- Develop and manage strategic relationships with suppliers, business associates and customers
- Conduct presentations to senior management and senior professionals’ groups
- Direct and maintain activities designed to promote and ensure a high level of employee morale, productivity and excellent staff relations
Qualifications and Experience:
- Must possess a BSc. in Business Administration, Marketing or related field
- Minimum three (3) years’ prior work experience in a related role
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite as well as Adobe Photoshop
- Proven track record of achievement and verifiable references